Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Civil War" To See Delays
Marvel Comics told retailers Tuesday afternoon they should expect some significant delays on upcoming issues of "Civil War" and related tie-in issues, plus news of "Casualties of War."

Read more...

Source: CBR Articles
Articles from the comic book site you HAVE to visit!
How can a company with the amount of experience Marvel has allow this sort of slippage to happen. Especially on a big event such as this. I would have expected (or hoped might be the better term) that all the plotting, most of the scripting and a good portion of the artwork could have been in the bag even before Civil War was announced. Let's hope they can pick up the slack again further down the line.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
This makes me so mad! I swear! I really start getting into a storyline and the publisher screws it up EVERY TIME!

I cannot believe that the final issue of Civil War won't be out until January. My question is simply, with all the tie ins, (and maybe this was addressed in the article, I just can't view it from work) is this going to put a delay on EVERYTHING Marvel publishes with a Civil War tie in? If not, then isn't delaying the main title a bit redundant? If they are going to publish all the tie ins on time, then you'll already know whats going on (Especially if you read Amazing Spiderman), so what's the point??

I hate Marvel right now, just as much as I hated the jerks at CrossGen when it went under and left Sojourn hanging.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Supposedly yes, this will put everything Marvel plans that is Civil War-related into the delay pot. Most notably it makes the Fantastic Four anniversary issue occur after the actual anniversary.

Now this is just me, but if I were planning a huge, company-wide crossover, with mainstream media interest and shock twists that impact the entire continuity - I would make sure all of it (story and art) was in the can before I started that avalanche schedule, spoiler leakage bedamned.

This is not good for Marvel. Not from an outside world PR point of view, and not good from an inside the industry production point of view.

And I have to wonder, Chanty, how many readers are in your shoes? Angry. Lost from the momentum of the story. And possibly not returning to the story, or quite possibly Marvel. After all when you promote a comic outside the comics media, and then don't deliver, it looks bad for all of us.

Glenn
So here's my deal...

Lets see what do we get that is tied in to Civil War?
Civil War
The New Avengers
Amazing Spiderman
Fantastic Four
Daredevil
Cable/Deadpool

I'm not sure if Astonishing X-men is, I can't remember the last issue I read. And I'm sure I'm forgetting something we read, it's early, so give me some leeway.

So concievably, going to the comic shop, I'll only get the following books from Marvel:

Marvel Team up
Ultimate X-Men

Niiiiiceee... :roll:

So, I guess for the next few months, I'll be digging through longboxes of stuff. Maybe I'll pull out Age of Apocalypse and re-read it. Or maybe Onslaught... or the entire run of the Original Excalibur again. Or dig out all of Thor's Superman books from the early 90s.

Who knows at this point.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]