Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lionheart of Avalon
Ok, one question...Does anyone have a shoe horn big enough to pull Clint's foot out of his mouth in part 3? OUCH! The poor guy just can't catch a break.
I've enjoyed this storyline for the most part. I've never been a big fan of She-Hulk, but seeing her with the little kids, crying, kinda warmed my heart to her a bit.
I'm digging the artwork as well.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
Still its is Chuck Austen, and he does have a tendacy to ruin anything he touches, i still can't forgive him for what he did to Nightcrawler... I just hope that he repects these character a bit more than he did with some of the X-men... Oh don't get me wrong i don't HATE Chuck Austen, i've liked some of his stories but still i wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw me.

-Prodigy
oooh just took a sneak at the preview for issue #80... (sometimes I hate only picking up trades when i have to wait so long.. sigh :roflSmile.. anyway I like the way this story is going so far from what I have seen.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I can not wait for it to end! I've hated the Chuck Austen run on Avengers so far with a passion. Not that I think Bendis is right for the book either but I am thanking God that at least it means Austen will be gone.

Nothing against Bendis, mind you, I love a LOT of his work. I just don't think his style will lend itself positively to Marvel's flagship superhero group title.

Glenn Walker
Now...I'm not saying I'm a fan of Chuck Austen's at all. I've went on my own series of random rants about his work on Uncanny X-men. However, I really kinda like LOA, KINDA mind you.

But me, I miss the days of huge company wide crossovers too..that most folks hated....

I think I'll just slink off to the corner now...
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]
I've enjoyed this story arc immensly. What Enchantress says is correct. The portrayal of She-Hulk in the arc so far has been my favorite She-Hulk moments ever. Up until this point, I couldn't give a flying rats arse about the character. plus, THE WRECKING CREW!!!! I am one of the biggest fans of using old school villains in new stories and giving their characters a twist, and Austen is definitely doing that. Still waiting to see if it is a good or bad twist, though. OH, and yes Austens work on X-Men bit hard!
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]