Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle's The Comic Stop To Host Charity Poker Event Octobe
<p><i>Official Press Release </i></p>
<p>LYNNWOOD, WA -- <a href="http://www.comicstoponline.com/" target="_blank">THE COMIC STOP</a>, the leading comic book and pop culture shop in Seattle's north end, is thrilled to announce a huge signing and charity poker event happening on Saturday, October 21st at The Comic Stop's Lynnwood location with Scott Kurtz (pvponline.com) and Gabe & Tycho (penny-arcade.com)!<br>
<br>
Beginning at 6:00pm, Scott Kurtz and Gabe & Tycho will begin signing and sketching for fans. Kurtz has been publishing PvP through Image Comics for over three years, while the guys from Penny Arcade have just debuted their second graphic novel through Dark Horse Comics. For those who don't bring their own, all the PvP and Penny Arcade graphic novels will be available for purchase at the store.<br>
<br>
"We're overjoyed to be back at the Comic Stop," said Tycho from Penny Arcade. "We debuted our first graphic novel here, and this store always feels like home to us."<br>
<br>
At 9:00pm, the charity event begins.<br>
<br>
The Comic Stop has teamed up with Child's Play, an organization which helps put video games and systems into hospitals, to host a charity poker tournament, featuring your chance to play poker alongside Kurtz, Gabe, Tycho and others!<br>
<br>
"This will be the only time it's good if I lose at poker, because either way, it's all for a good cause," laughs Kurtz. "Plus, any excuse to come out to Seattle is great, I love this city and I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the Emerald City ComiCon, which I'll be out for in 2007!"<br>
<br>
The minimum donation to play is $20 and there are some great prizes to be won, including a Cardboard Tube Samurai Limited Edition print, a PvP Limited Edition Laser Cel, a Dr. Raven Dark Talon Blood print and more! Any one who wants to play needs to RSVP by e-mailing <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lynnwood@comicstoponline.com">lynnwood@comicstoponline.com</a><!-- e -->. All proceeds will go to Child's Play, and if any one wants to bring any new and sealed video games to donate, those will be accepted at the event as well.<br>
<br>
"Working with the guys at The Comic Stop for this poker tournament is a fun way to kick off our fundraising efforts for the holiday season," says Kristin Lindsay, Event Coordinator for Child's Play . "We expect a record year this year for donations and hope that comic book fans and gamers can find some small way to contribute to the foundation."<br>
<br>
More details can be found at The Comic Stop's website - <a href="http://www.comicstoponline.com/" target="_blank">www.comicstoponline.com</a>. The event begins at 6pm on Saturday, October 21st at the The Comic Stop in Lynnwood, located at 3333 184th St SW, Suite G, Lynnwood, WA 98037. We hope to see you there!</p>

Read more...

Source: CBR Articles
Articles from the comic book site you HAVE to visit!