Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penny-Farthing Press' First Appearance at Small Press Expo
<p><i>Official Press Release </i></p>
<p>Houston, TX - <a href="http://www.pfpress.com/" target="_blank">Penny-Farthing Press (PFP)</a> is proud to announce their inaugural attendance at <a href="http://www.spxpo.com/" target="_blank">SPX 2006</a> in Bethesda, Maryland was very successful.   Total sales from the Expo greatly exceeded PFP's expectations.   The top sellers were <i>The Victorian Act I: Self-Realization </i>graphic novel and <i>Captain Gravity and the Power of the Vril </i> graphic novel.   Also popular was the <i>Anne Steelyard </i>: <i>The Garden of Emptiness </i> previews signed by bestselling author Barbara Hambly ( <i>The Darwath Trilogy </i>, <i>The Benjamin January </i> mysteries, <i>Patriot Hearts </i> coming January 2007). </p>
<p>PFP's attendance at SPX garnered the attention of several comic and book sites.   SPX was a great opportunity for fans, retailers and press to learn more about the highly acclaimed work of PFP.   “Based on the overwhelmingly positive results—in terms of networking, overall sales of our comics and compilations, and basically just getting ourselves out there in front of the right people, specifically retailers and the press—PFP has decided to significantly expand it's comic-con schedule for '07,” states Creative Director Trainor Houghton.   In addition to their expanded comic-con schedule, PFP plans to attend the Diamond Retailer Summit in September 2007. </p>
<p>PFP has begun preparations for their first appearance at the New York Comic-Con in February 2007.   They look forward to increasing their presence on the East coast and are also excited about premiering an animated short chronicling the adventures of characters from their popular children's book, <i>The Loch </i>.   Houghton states, “It's a fully animated 3D short running about six minutes. It is based on our children's book, <i>The Loch </i>, a trilogy that initially debuted in three hardcover installments released successively from 2000-2002.   The story was created and written by our own Editor-in-Chief, Marlaine Maddux.” </p>
<p>In 2007, PFP will release the special “prestige format” trade paperback editions of <i>The Victorian Act IV: Self-Overcoming </i> and <i>The Victorian Act V: Self-Exsoulment </i>.    These books will be packaged as a special “Limited Edition” boxed set featuring all five trades of <i>The Victorian </i> series <i>. </i>  Look for upcoming advertisements in Previews and special promotions for fans and retailers! </p>

Read more...

Source: CBR Articles
Articles from the comic book site you HAVE to visit!