Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painkiller Jane: The Movie
As reported by Comics Continuum...

Sci Fi Channel has greenlit a two-hour pilot for Painkiller Jane, based on the Event Comics character created by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.

"No casting news yet, but we are excited about the project," Palmiotti told The Continuum.

NBC Universal TV Studios will produce the project in association with MGM TV. John Harrison Don Opper and Greg Gold wrote and will executive produce the film.

Production is expected to begin by the end of the year.

Sci Fi's Mark Stern said to Variety: "She's a strong female superhero paradigm, not simply someone in spandex fighting crime. It's really the drama of a normal person who finds themselves with powers that they don't know what to do with or how to handle."

It's likely the Painkiller Jane pilot will air next summer.
I wonder when it will reach this side of the pond? probably the month after sci-fi cancels it.. it is always the way with these interesting sounding shows...
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
I'm not even sure how to reply to this......but here goes.....

Painkiller Jane is undoubtedly one of the most overlooked characters in small press history. For those of you unfamiliar with the character she is a former cop who is mystically imbued with incredible healing capabilities, making her a unique mix of The Punisher, Wolverine, and Ressuerection Man. I add Ressurection Man (if that was indeed his name. I'm a bit fuzzy..) because.....she dies. A lot. And I mean like...once an issue. Sometimes twice. But that healing factor o'hers just keeps kickin' in and pulling her through.

Now then, how they would translate that onto the big or even small screen I'm not sure, though with shows like Angel (in which the lead character is constantly getting himself impaled) and movies like X-Men (which feature Wolverine, natch) I suppose it wouldn't be to hard to get people on board with the healing factor. The only problem I can see is how they would deal with how brutally she gets hurt time and time again. Shot gun blasts to the chest, 3 foot shards of glass thru the back and heart, getting hit by busses and trains.

Once that little obstacle is overcome, I have no doubt that such a show or movie would instantly become a cult classic.