Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel: Source Interlink Distribution Deal
Looks like our American members will soon be able to pick up their favourite marvel books regularly at their local 7-11 Wink Check out the full story here
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]
Woo hoo!

Not only is this somewhere else to pick up impulse titles missed at the comic shop, it gives comics more public access outside of the comics shop. It will help build what is unfortunately a narrowcast dying artform.

Glenn Walker
This is a wondeful thing! I love impulse comic buying. I would have never started reading Amazing Spider-man if it wasn't for it.

My local mom and pop grocery store used to carry comics, and one day I noticed they had the first 5 issues of JMS Spidey run just sitting there collecting dust. Since I had heard good things about the book anyway, and couldn't stand to see a good comic go to waste, I picked it up and gave it a read. And I have loved the title ever since.

Making comics more widely availale can only help the struggling market. This move will make it easier for little Tommy to run out and buy a Spidey comic, after he gets all pumped up after seeing Spider-man 2 on the big screen this summer. Here's hoping this gives the comic book industry the shot in the arm it truly needs, and deserves.

TMT