Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Heroes
O.k. I haven't posted here in a while or anywhere for that matter. Why you ask,because I have finally built my new gaming machine and have been playing City of Heroes heavily for a month now.

Now this is my first MMORPG (massively multi-player online role playing game) so I don't really have much to compare it to,other than watching my friend play Everquest for a couple minutes. In comparison to EQ this game has way more to offer a comic fan. This game is seriously like a comic geek/Gamers wet dream.

Who are you?
The character creator is absolutely amazing! I have been playing 1 primary and three secondary characters for over a month now and have never seen another hero that looked even close to any of mine(and there are a LOT of other heroes.....around 200,000 at this point). There are more character variations in this game then there are slots in Vegas. I just last night saw an entire group of X-Men:Jean,Wolvie,Iceman,Emma and 2 nightcrawlers,all standing at the train station posing for screenshots. I have also seen The Wonder Twins (with Gleek) ,Superman,WonderWoman,Aquaman,Sigmund Freud,Sonny and Cher, and a whole bunch of Iron-Men,all of them looked like the names. At the right time of day you can see a few hundred heroes in just a couple minutes and none of them look the same(unless they were intended to).

With a little help from my friends!
At any given point in the game you can quickly team up with your buddy (or a stranger for that matter) to complete a mission that might be a little too much for you to finish solo. Or if you have been playing the game for a while and are at a higher level then your friend that just got the game,you can make him or her your side-kick,essentially bringing the lower level character to one level below the stronger character,allowing them to still play together without being a hinderance.

The game world is MASSIVE!
I am sure most of the people on this site have either seen or played the last couple GTA(Grand Theft Auto) games,Vice City etc. The world of that game is probably about one twentieth the size of the world in COH. That's not counting the expansive sewer systems and alternate reality zones. There are building interiors,rooftop crime in every level,levels that have been torn apart by earthquakes or rioting and they look like it,Trains and ferries to ride,huge statues everywhere to comemorate the death of this worlds "Silver-Age" heroes and there are even alternate reality zones in which you never know what's going to happen.

Heroes are people too!
So far my experience with the other heroes in Paragon City has been nothing but great! All the higher level heroes I have met are very helpful and cool,and I try to extend the same courtesy to the newbies I encounter now. Examples of this kind of thing is stuff like: I have been fighting a group of baddies that is getting the best of me and some random hero will stop on his way to whatever his destination is to help me,either by healing me and keeping me in the fight or by simply lightening my load by taking on a couple baddies himself. I have also just stood in Atlas Park and talked to a group of heroes for an hour about our heroes bio or costume or whatever( I try not to break character while playing my primary hero).

All in all I must say that this is the coolest game I have EVER played,and all my friends agree. It is WELL worth the 15 bucks a month. It has been out for about four months and they have already updated the game twice(added new content,zones,character customization,villain groups,social areas,and what they call quality of life issues such as chat functions and menus and stuff).

I highly recomend this game to anyone looking to actually feel like a hero in a world that needs you.
I can't say enough about this game,I love it and if any one here decides to take the plunge let me know,evil never sleeps and neither do I.

Chris.

Messages In This Thread