Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Heroes
GlennWalker Wrote:
TheBeyonder Wrote:O.k. I haven't posted here in a while or anywhere for that matter. Why you ask,because I have finally built my new gaming machine and have been playing City of Heroes heavily for a month now.

Chris, this was a great post, and a great review of the game! :-) Would you have any interest in rewriting it as a review for my Comic Widows website? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks.

Glenn

Well,Glenn.
I have never written a reveiw before so I may need some pointers,but I would love to. I have another month of gameplay(and a bunch more levels) under my belt since that post,so I actually have more to comment on now.

Also,I figured I'd use this thread to keep yall updated on what is going on in Paragon City.
This week was the annoucement of the "SSOCS" (Super Secret Out of Combat System) for City of Heroes. Now,gamers would know this as a "crafting system",like I said before,this is my first MMORPG so I don't have anything to compare it to. The system will deal with hero "skills" such as Investigation,Communications,Psychology etc. What this will bring to the game is even more customization of your character,and a way to develope them without the constant "grind" of hunting bad guys for Exp. This sounds really cool to me,and will be a great addition to this already amazing game.
Since my last post we have seen the implementaion of "Issue 2" to the live servers. This recent update to the game has added......2 new zones,2 new villain groups,countless quality of life issues,a new dance club for the city's heroes to unwind(and dance of course),and the highly debated badge system and.....oh yeah CAPES!
The badge system has added a whole new dynamic to the game. You now earn badges as you progress through the game,and these badges can be viewed by your fellow heroes as a sort of bragging rights. Right now there are 171 badges to earn,and there are many ways to earn them,for instance: You get a badge for every 10 levels you increase,so you get one for reaching level 10,20,30 and so on. You also get badges for defeating certain numbers of Bosses from the various villain groups,completeing certain missions or task forces,reading certain history plaques throughout the city and then there are the exploration badges witch you get simply by finding them hidden in the city.
This badge system has given me an entire new way to play,in that I can now spend an hour exploring and actually get something for it.
My main character is level 30 now,and I have 99 badges,so there is still plenty for me to do.

I also wanted to say that as I progress through the game,it seems to get bettter and better. As you get to the higher levels your powers really start to bloom,and so do the villains. I have now had to become very aware of my environmet because the new zones I'm fighting in are covered with snipers that are more then happy to shootdown passing heroes that aren't paying attention. As you progress to a more respectable level (25 or higher) you see a lot less of the immature children that play the game,as most don't have the attention span to reach the higher levels,and it is great! I can now openly role play with almost every hero I encounter,and not get the "hehe,your dumb." "knights are stupid" stuff you may see from the newbies.
To me this game is ALL about RPing,you are given a chance to be a super hero and act as one,and at the higher levels this becomes way more rewarding.

And hey Surfer.
I checked the Indyclix site and all I saw was the Statesman cick. Is that the one you were referring to? I did not see any Samaritan.
PC4L! :wink:

P.S.
Here is a link to a site that features different heroes in Paragon. This link will take you to my main characters profile. Be sure to check the Additional surveilence reports in the lower right hand corner(here you will find screenshots of the Dance club and the Christopher Reeve memorial).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.creyindustries.com/viewhero.php?id=6873">http://www.creyindustries.com/viewhero.php?id=6873</a><!-- m -->

Enjoy. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread