Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Line-Up (SERIOUS SPOILERS!)
Given that I don't yet know the WHOLE team, I am waiting before I pass any major judgement. I will say that although I know there is a problem of overexposure I do understand the reasons given for the change (and it isn't just money although that is a major factor).

Fans have to remember that whenever a new writer takes over a team book there is usually a change in lineup which reflects that writer's interests (I'm talking about long term writers not fill-in). Granted the changes are not usually as sweeping, although the fan reaction to an announcement like Cap's Kooky Quartet would probably have garnered a similar reaction at the time if the internet had been as prevalent (frankly some of the reactions I have read at other sites have been nothing short of Marvel/Bendis/Quesada bashing). Reasons why this isn't the same as that previous team shake-ups being given being frankly risible (such as Thor, IM, etc left because they felt they couldn't contribute the time to both the avengers and their OWN books.. erm hello.. mixing comic reality and REAL reality there.

Anyways.. I am gonna watch this space.. I hope my faith that Joe Q and Bendis know what they are up to long term isn't misplaced.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread