Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil War: The implications and fallout
Ok, I can get what you're saying about the comparsion between the two registration acts, but it still doesn't change my opinion on it all.
Which side would I fall on, easily... Captain America's. Why? Because it isn't that Cap expects America to be perfect, it's that Cap's ideals are those of the 1940s, when America was a "teenager" if you will. Do I think we can benefit from looking at America's past and seeing the mistakes we've made and try to avert them? Sure, I think everyone does. And I think that's what Cap is trying to do. He's standing up for what he thinks is right, and I have to agree with him. I think making people register because they have superpowers is ridiculous. I think making mutants register for the way they were born is retarded. But I do think that have a registery of convicted or known villians is probably the way to go. I think forcing people to register is wrong. Absolutely Wrong. Sorry O' Mighty One, You'll never get me to agree with you on this. And the sad thing is, if this were real, we'd be sitting on opposite sides of the fence.
As much as I've always liked Iron Man, I feel the need to compare him to Gary Condit, or Ted Kennedy. He's in it for himself, will turn on people he's been friends with for decades, all to suit his own purposes. He's putting people's families on the line and I'm NOT cool with that.
As far as being a parent and Stamford. Yes, I completely understand and yes, I'd want the people involved to be held accountable. But just in the same way that people who lost relatives and loved ones in 9-11 want people to be held accountable. While the patriot in most of us agrees that "YES! We hunt down the Al Qadia and make them pay!" Would it be right to make people who have no connection with the incident register on a national registery of middle eastern descent? All because of the off chance they MIGHT have ties to it? That's the way I see this.
And maybe no one will agree with me, I'm not asking anyone to. But I think Tony Stark is a son of a *&$^ who's never once acted remotely patriotic, why start now?

Stark for President in 2008? ... Tony Stark, Secretary of Defense? Stark isn't going to do something without getting something. That's just how he is.

Viva La Resistance!
(to quote South Park)
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread